Typhoid is a fever, identified as ”Salmonella typhi” or normally called typhoid, a wide spread disease throughout the world. The disease spreads by eating food or drinking water polluted with the faeces of a ruined person. Thereafter the germs go through the intestinal wall and are phagocytised by macrophages.
The microorganism develops best in the human body heat. In 1829 the name of the disease was specified “typhoid” by Louis as derived from typhus. The fever has variety of names for instance abdominal typhus, gastric fever, slow fever, pathogenic fever, infantile remittent fever, nervous fever, etc. The use of contemporary hygienic method has an effect on this disease.
Symptoms of Typhoid Fever:-
- Temperature goes up and constantly linger high for about 10-14 days. Normally body temperature falls in the morning and increases in the evening.
- Tongue becomes dry, skin rash becomes visible and gets white scraps in the middle. These are the reasons for oily taste in the mouth and agitated bones.
- The patient suffers from coldness, weakness and tiredness.
- By the end of fourth week fever drops slowly.
- The other indications are constipation, backache, loss of appetite, diarrhoea,headaches.
Causes of Typhoid Fever:-
- Incorrect food habits and defective standard of living directs to uphold typhoid fever and accretion of poisonous waste in the body.
- It is a normal disease for those people who are accustomed to eat more meat and meat products.
- The most important aspects accountable for typhoid are polluted milk, meagre sanitation and infected water.
- Flies pollute the food with germs. The disease further expands in case people who bear the germs engage in the work of preparation and serving of food.
Natural Remedies for Typhoid Fever:-
- The patients should be provided with liquid eating habits of milk, orange and barley juice.
- It is necessary to take complete bed rest.