Acne is a very common skin problem nowadays. Is causes pimples on the skin. The term pimples include blackheads, whiteheads, red patches on skin etc. People with sensitive and oily skinare more likely to have acnes. There are many reasons which can develop acne, such as –
- Whenever the pores of skin (tiny holes on the skin surface) become clogged acne occurs.
- Each of the pores contains a follicle which in turn holds an oil gland and a hair. The oil gland excretes oil in order to remove dead cells to keep skin soft. But when there is too much oil excretion the pores get blocked. As a result germs and bacteria gather there. It is called plug.
- If the plug is white at top then it is called a whitehead and if the plug is black at top then it is called a blackhead.
- Sometimes the plugs become red and they break open.
- Some of them turn into hard cysts which are generally very painful. These are called cysts acne.
- Acnes sometimes are family trend.
- Sometimes hormonal changes in body make skin oily and dull and this in turn causes acne.
- Harmful cosmetic products can also cause acne.
- Intake of some particular drugs like estrogen, steroids, phenytoin and testosterone can cause acne.
- Some other reasons of acne are – excessive sweating, humidity, constipation, liver problems, intake of birth control pills, pregnancy, menstrual periods etc.
- Some people thinks that oily foods, Fast foods, dry fruits or chocolates can cause acne but none of the researches done in this regard has proved it yet.
Symptoms of acne:
Some of the general symptoms of acne are –
- Scarring on the skin
- Redness of skin
- Cysts etc.
Although acne is a very common problem its treatment measures are very simple. One has to keep her skin clear and clean. She has to drink lots of water, avoid the drugs that cause acne and also have to avoid scratching or squeezing the acnes.